Monday 3 June 2013

swimming a must for all children

Hi All


Most nights and weekends you will found me sitting my the side of a pool watching my three children swim. Most weeks between them they swim about 17 hours. Now I am not saying all kids should swim to this level but I do believe all kids should be able to swim.

I started to write this blog when I saw on a friends facebook page a notice to say the drowning is the third most common cause of accidental death in children but 1/5 of children leave school without being able to swim.!!!


Now when you search this on goggle schools are being blamed for cutting budgets and by not offering school lessons anymore.

But is it really the school fault???


As parents we decided that all our children needed to be able to swim, its a life skill you need.

So when my oldest started swimming lessons by husband did too as he was unable to swim at the time.

All my kids hated swimming lessons and all cried when being taken but we made them go.

Are we bad parents for this?? I don't think so.

They all love swimming now and swim for a club even the youngest who is 6, hopefully they will all enjoying it for life.


Get your kids to swimming lessons.


Debbie xx













No comments: